13 December 2009

New Correspondence from Site Visitors

I've decided that I am going to start posting interesting correspondence which I receive from site visitors and Norseman enthusiasts on this blog from now on rather than imbedded into the Correspondence page on the main site. This is mainly due to the fact it's much easier to post via the blog than update the main site - hope no one minds.

Earlier this month I received this lovely email from Michael Prophet along with a very interesting link. Thought I should share with the rest of you... Enjoy!!
Hi Julie

My name is Michael S.Prophet and I live near Amsterdam Schiphol airport Holland. I just noted your website via the classic propliner forum and wanted to drop you a message.

During the month of June I visited Winnipeg with an friend and we drove to the East in search of Bush planes. We visited places like Kenora and Red Lake and photographed many floatplanes like the Beaver, Otter and Norseman. While in Red Lake I got my first ever Norseman ride ....:-)....onboard the Viking Outpost Norseman CF-FQI

I am a free-lance aviation writer and photographer and frequently travel the world in search of vintage aircrafts in action. We flew an enjoyable 35 minutes in and around Red Lake, taking off and lading back on the cool waters of Red Lake.

Please check out my webpage on our track across the Ontario's lakes:

http://www.michaelprophet.com/News_articles/news4.html

Hope you like it

Greetings from Holland,

Michael Prophet
VINTAGE AVIATION PICTURES

And here is another I received from a British gentleman with whom my grandfather Bob used to correspond:

Hello Julie,

You might remember me from a while back when I covered Bob's Norseman site in 'Aircraft Illustrated' magazine. Following that, Bob and I communicated by e-mail and he sent me some items via the post. In recent times I had tried to get in touch but had no reply and then events took over, meaning that I hadn't got round to chasing him up until recently.

I am very sorry to hear of Bob's passing; he was a true gent.

Regards,

Howard J. Curtis
(Bournemouth, UK)

Links to my aircraft photos on the Internet:

No comments:

Post a Comment