28 August 2008

Some bad news...

Hello there Noorduyn friends.

I am writing with some sad news unfortunately. After a long battle with Alzheimer's, my grandpa Bob Noorduyn (RBC Noorduyn's son) has passed away. He has been unwell for about the last month, and over the last week he had a stroke of some sort and died peacefully last night. Grandpa didn't want a funeral of any sort and made my mother promise she would not hold one, so instead she will be having a very informal memorial for him on September 7th in Columbus, Ohio where people are invited to say a few words about him, or for those who can't attend in person, can send flowers or cards/letters. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it myself, as I am living in the United Kingdom right now and am getting married on September 6th so its impossible for me to be there. I am blessed to have been home in April and able to see Bob at that time and I was even more blessed because he remembered me, which felt so good.

Anyway, I thought you would want to know of his passing. If you would like to send anything to my mother for the ceremony, please email me at julie@noorduynnorseman.com and I wll forward the contact details.


Thank you,

Julie Hicks

www.noorduynnorseman.com

1 comment:

  1. In this article understand the most important thing, the item will give you a keyword rich link a great useful website page: Darel L. Long

    ReplyDelete